Phone: (850) 434-8904


109 N Palafox Street
Pensacola, FL 32502

+1 (850) 434-8904

The Farrar Law Firm & Mediation Group offers to you 30 years of legal experience in Family Law and Personal Injury.  These two area os the law our very complex and require the experience that we have to offer.  

We invite you to contact our office (850) 434-8904 or through our website for a free consultation on all cases to discuss your legal options. 

Don't delay, protect yourself.!


Dealing with the Decision to Proceed with the Divorce

We develop fair and equitable property settlement agreements to help couples move forward. Our attorneys also represent the interests of clients in related legal matters such as revisions to wills and trusts, sale of real estate, and bankruptcy.

For some, divorce may feel like a liberating new beginning. For most, however, it is not so straightforward. The end of a relationship as important as a marriage brings numerous difficult emotions. Indeed, recovering from a divorce is similar to the grieving process one experiences when a loved one dies. The process typically consists of five stages: shock and denial; anger; ambivalence; depression; and recovery. Not everyone experiences these emotions in the same way or in the same order. You may move in and out of a phase more than once, even experiencing more than one phase at a time. It is a difficult and time-consuming process. Family counselors advise that it may take as long as one or two years to truly recover.

Understanding the process and the feelings you may experience will help you to grieve the relationship. It is important to allow yourself the time you need to recover from the traumatic experience of ending a marriage so that you can move on to the next phase of your life. An experienced family law attorney from The Farrar Law Firm in Pensacola, Florida can provide invaluable advice and support throughout the divorce process.

Shock and Denial

When it finally becomes clear — through legal action or other confirmation — that your marriage is ending, you may experience shock and denial. The enormity of what is happening may seem like more than you can bear, and the upcoming changes may create feelings of anxiety and panic. A typical way to deal with the extreme emotions is to deny the reality of what is happening and cling to familiar routines. There is comfort in the familiar and a sense of security. Denial allows you to protect yourself from the knowledge that life will change dramatically and the feelings of fear associated with that knowledge. Denial can be an effective short-term coping mechanism as long as it does not create other problems in your life. Anger

Feelings of anger characterize the next stage. You may be angry with yourself, your spouse, your parents, your job and everyone else around you. It is a necessary part of the process; unless it is acted out in a destructive way, it can be useful. It is not useful, however, to make the divorce process more adversarial than it needs to be. Allow yourself the time you need to move through your anger. It will help you begin to let go and put emotional distance between you and your spouse. Eventually, you will begin to think of yourself as one person, rather than one half of a couple. Until you are able to do this, it will be difficult to focus on your own needs and begin to build a new life for yourself.


The third stage, ambivalence, is what can make couples break up and get back together. Ambivalence tends to be present during most of the grieving process for people who are suffering the end of a marriage. The divorce process takes people on an emotional rollercoaster ride: depressed, excited for a new life, angry, disappointed and back again. It is normal to feel out of control and uncertain. Depression

Depression is difficult to experience, but it can help you move beyond the past into your new life. If you allow yourself to experience loneliness and confront your role in the end of the relationship, you may then be ready to let go and move on. You may be able to stop placing blame on yourself or your spouse and lose the feelings of anger and ambivalence. Your self-esteem will begin to grow, and you will be ready for the final stage: recovery. It is important to try to maintain your focus; professional counseling has been of great assistance to many during this time. Recovery

Once you reach the recovery stage, you are feeling better about yourself. Your self-esteem may still be shaky, but you are ready to build your new life. The first step is to reestablish your social network. You may maintain the friends you enjoyed with your spouse, but often those relationships are based on the shared interests of the married couples. It could be time to find new people whose company you enjoy and who have similar needs in terms of time and activities.

Eventually, you will begin to feel like a single person and actually be comfortable as one. This is a time when you can get to know yourself and build a new identity that will guide you in making positive choices for yourself in the future.


No matter what stage you’re in, the less you have to worry about, the better. Leave the legal maneuvering to an experienced family law attorney from the Farrar Law Firm in Pensacola, Florida, can support you as you evolve throughout the divorce process. Call today for your consultation (850) 434-8904.


Division of Property

It is important for both parties in a divorce to be able to move forward knowing that their property was distributed in a fair matter. We develop fair and equitable property settlement agreements to help couples move forward. Our attorneys have over 20 years experience in family law , contact our office today to discuss the division of your property (850) 434-8904.

When a couple has little or no marital property, no children and no disagreement on spousal maintenance/alimony, their divorce usually goes very quickly. Most couples, however, have numerous issues to work out during the divorce process. These issues may involve children or significant marital property: personal property, real estate, a family business, large or concealed debts, trusts, real property in other states, joint and separate accounts, investments, insurance, pensions and other assets. In any divorce, especially one involving complex property matters, an experienced family law attorney from the Farrar Law Firm in Pensacola, Florida, can offer valuable guidance and advocacy.

Non-Community Property States

Most states are non-community property states. This means that the courts must make an equitable division of property during divorce proceedings. Although the specific definition of equitable division of property varies from state to state, it is generally the division of marital property in a fair and just manner according to the specific circumstances of the divorce/dissolution of marriage. Equitable, however, does not always mean equal.

When one spouse obtains property in a community property state, generally the other spouse automatically gains a half-interest in it. In non-community property states, on the other hand, the other spouse only has an interest in the property upon filing for divorce or upon the death of the other spouse.

Courts in non-community property jurisdictions consider numerous factors in allocating property; the factors vary from state to state. However, the courts agree on a few basic, non-financial factors that are appropriate to consider:

  • Spouse's homemaking activities, including child care, food preparation, cleaning and laundry
  • Spouse's forgone opportunities, including not pursuing further education/degrees or a career opportunity
  • Spouse's social obligations, including hosting or attending social events in support of the other spouse's career

Prenuptial agreements can go a long way toward shaping the outcome of property distribution decisions.

Marital Property

Property that must be allocated upon divorce is usually property that was acquired during the marriage — in other words, marital property. In most cases, property acquired before the marriage, property acquired after the divorce and gifts or inheritances received by one spouse during the marriage are not considered marital property.

Once the court decides which property is marital property, it must determine the value of the property. Then, it allocates the property between the spouses. If you and your spouse are able to agree upon the allocation of property and other important matters, you will have a far greater influence over the court's ultimate decision.

Certain kinds of property continue to create controversy during divorce. Divorcing couples should be aware of the issues these assets present.

  • Family Home. The primary residential property owned by the divorcing couple is often the marriage's largest asset. Dealing with its division can be complicated, particularly when there are children involved. Courts often favor allowing the custodial parent to retain the home. Doing so may require complicated arrangements to ensure that the spouse who does not live in the home receives adequate compensation for the home's value, as well as provisions for ongoing mortgage payments, tax liabilities and upkeep of the home. When these issues cannot be resolved, the couple may be forced to sell the home and divide the proceeds.
  • Pensions. Pensions often are the second-largest marital asset. A court in a divorce case may enter a Qualified Domestic Relations Order (QDRO) requiring the administrator of the ERISA-regulated pension to make payments to both the worker and the former spouse.
  • Family-Owned Businesses. When spouses work together in a family-owned business, division of the business presents complex allocation and valuation problems. As with family homes, if there are not enough marital assets to compensate the non-retaining spouse adequately, a forced sale or long-term buyout may be necessary.


Many couples have a difficult time reaching an agreement about how to divide their property. Because the rules in each state vary significantly and because the ultimate division of property depends on the complexity of your assets and liabilities, it is important to consult with an experienced family law attorney at the Farrar Law Firm in Pensacola, Florida, for experienced and aggressive representation at (850) 434-8904.


Domestic Violence

Pensacola Attorneys will help you

Domestic violence is defined by statute in Florida as any act or threat which places and individual in fear of his or her safety. When the threat or act is directed at a spouse, live in companion, or other family member you have an action of domestic violence.

It is often difficult to evaluate a true domestic violence act due to the fact that in most cases it occurs in the privacy of a residence. In most situations there are no witnesses and it is the word of one party against the other. Because these acts usually are not public displays of violence both law enforcement and EMT personal must quickly assess the allegations upon arrival at the scene. It normally requires the attending agency to review statements and most importantly make a visual inspection of the victim for injury, marks on the body or other sign that trauma has occurred. In many cases victims often do not wish to file charges against the perpetrator of the violent act, because there exists a relationship between the parties.

The Court System

In Florida the Courts in every circuit have established a Domestic Violence Court. An individual who is a victim of domestic violence can file a petition against the perpetrator for a preliminary injunction. The Court will review the petition and if the case has merit will enter an Order of Temporary Injunction. A final hearing after notice to all parties must occur within fourteen days after the issuance of the Temporary Injunction. Each party may bring witnesses to the hearing. In some cases law enforcement and EMT personal are also subpoenaed to appear in Court.

If the permanent injunction is issued after hearing by the Court the perpetrator is required to stay five hundred feet from the victim at all times. He or she also will be required to surrender all firearms to the sheriffs' office in the County that he or she resides. The injunction is valid for one year unless both parties mutually agree to terminate the injunction.

Don't continue to be a victim, take action today

If you are a victim of domestic violence you need to get help immediately, please contact our office (850) 434-8904 to speak with one of our compassionate and experienced family law attorneys that have handled domestic violence cases in the past. All law enforcement and fire rescue agencies should become well aware of the increased incidents of domestic violence in this state, because these agencies play a vital role in the prosecution of this type of activity. Many cases of domestic violence go unreported. Our law enforcement and fire rescue teams can curb the tide in the rise of domestic violence by simply recognizing what constitutes domestic violence in our society.


Glossary of Words Commonly Used in Divorce Cases


The legal term for a Lawsuit.


A written statement of facts made under oath and signed before a notary public.


A written statement of facts made by an attorney under penalty of perjury and signed by him/her.

Affirmative Defense

Legal defenses in response to a spouse's pleading, even if the allegations of the Complaint were true.


A transcribed or written resolution of the disputed issues.


Statement of facts contained in a Pleading or Affidavit setting forth what the pleader intends to prove.


The process whereby a higher Court reviews the proceedings resulting in an Order or Judgment of a lower Court and determines whether there was reversible error. An Appeal is "taken" by serving and filing a Notice of Appeal within 30 days after service of the Order or Judgment to be appealed. An Appeal is "perfected" when all of the required papers are filed with the Appellate Court.


The formal submission by a Defendant to the jurisdiction of the Court after having been served with a Summons. Appearance also refers to the physical presence of a party at Court.


The Second Pleading in an action for divorce, separation or annulment, which is served in response to the Complaint and which admits or denies its allegation.

Child Support

Support for a child (not taxable to the recipient or deductible to the payor spouse).


A charge by one spouse against the other.


The First Pleading in action for divorce, separation, or annulment, setting forth the allegations upon which the requested relief is based.


The adultery of a spouse is not grounds for divorce if the complaining party forgives it, for example continuing to cohabit with the offender.

Contempt of Court

The willful and intentional failure to comply with a Court Order, Judgment, or Decree by a party to the action. Contempt of Court is punishable by fine or imprisonment.

Contested Case

Any case where the Court must decide one or more issues that are not agreed to by the parties. Cases are considered contested until all issues have been agreed to.


The questioning of a witness presented by the opposing party on trial or at a deposition, to test the truth of that testimony or to develop it further.


The Final Ruling of the judge on an action for divorce, legal separation, or annulment. Same as Judgment.

Default Order or Default Judgment

An Order or Judgment granted by the Court without the other side's being heard because they failed to plead or submit papers within the time allowed or failed to appear at the hearing.


The one who defends the Lawsuit brought by another. Same as Respondent.


The testimony of a witness taken out of Court under oath and reduced to writing. Depositions are taken for the purpose of discovering the facts upon which a party's claim is based; obtaining financial information or discovering the substance of a witness's testimony prior to trial. The deposition may be used to discredit a witness if he changes his testimony. Depositions are used to preserve the testimony of a witness who will be unable to appear at trial.

Direct Examination

The initial questioning of a witness by the attorney who called him to the stand.


Procedures followed by attorneys in order to determine the nature, scope, and credibility of the opposing party's claim and his/her financial status. Disclosure devices include depositions, written interrogatories, and notices to produce various documentation relating to issues which are decided in the case. Psychological examinations, blood tests, and court social-service investigations are also part of disclosure.

Discretion of the Court

The area of choice available to a judge to make a legally acceptable decision on his interpretation of the evidence.

Distributive Award

A lump sum, tax-free payment ordered by the Court in lieu of or to supplemental or facilitate a property distribution.


The point at which a child comes of age. Children are emancipated in New York upon reaching the age of 21 or upon marriage, leaving the custodial residence, or entering the armed services. Emancipation terminates the duty to support.

Equitable Distribution of Property

A system of distributing property acquired by spouses during their marriage in connection with a divorce or dissolution proceeding. The division is based on a variety of equitable factors, including length of the marriage, relative financial contribution, contribution as a spouse and homemaker and respective need. Title to property in the name of either spouse does not necessarily restrict the Court's right to award all or part of that property to the other spouse as part of an Equitable Distribution.


Documents testimony or other demonstrative material offered to the Court to prove or disprove allegations in the pleadings or in issue.

Ex Parte

An application for Court relief without the presence of the other party, due either to a lack of notice or choice of the other party not to appear.


The evidence that must be presented before asking certain questions or offering documentary evidence on trial.

Ground for Divorce

The legal circumstances which must be proved before a divorce can be granted, also called a "Cause of Action."


Any proceeding before the Court where testimony is taken for the purpose of resolving disputed issues.


When one spouse assumes liability for a debt or obligation and promises to protect the other from any loss or expense in connection therewith.

Hostile Witness

A witness who demonstrates so much prejudice during direct examination that the party who has called him is allowed to cross-examine. The greater flexibility of cross-examination enables the questioner to ask leading questions and to attack the credibility of the witness.


The act of proving either by prior inconsistent statement or other conflicting evidence that a witness is lying


To promise to reimburse another person in case of an anticipated loss; the same as Hold-Harmless.


A Court Order forbidding someone from doing a particular act which is likely to cause injury or property loss to another party (same as a Restraining Order).


A series of written questions served upon the opposing party in order to discover certain facts regarding the disputed issues in a matrimonial proceeding. The answers to Interrogatories must be under oath and served within a prescribed period of time.

Joint Property

Property held in the name of more than one person.


The Order of the Court determining the action; same as Decree.


The power of the Court to rule upon issues relating to the parties; their children or their property.

Legal Separation

A Judgment of the Court or written Agreement directing or authorizing the spouses to live separate and apart. Actions for legal separation provide for maintenance, child custody, and support, but do not provide for Equitable Distribution of marital property. A decree of separation does not dissolve the marriage and does not allow the parties to remarry.

Leverage Factors

Particular considerations, based on the priorities of the parties, which induce them to settle disputed issues. The skillful employment of these leverage factors generally controls the successful outcome of a settlement.


Spousal support (deductible to the payor spouse and taxable as income to the recipient).

Marital Property

Accumulated income and property acquired by the spouses during the marriage, subject to Equitable Distribution by the Court. Property acquired by gift from third parties or inheritance, and personal injury recoveries is not marital property.


A trial that is terminated prior to its completion, due to the occurrence of some fundamental error that would render the trial invalid. Following a mistrial, the case must be tried again from the beginning.


A written application to the court for some particular relief such as temporary support, injunction, or attorney's fees, which is made upon advance notice to the other party.

No-Fault Divorce

A marriage-dissolution system whereby divorce is granted without the necessity of one of the parties guilty of marital misconduct.

Notice of Motion

A paper which is served upon the other attorney or spouse telling them that we are making a motion to the court on a certain day.

Opting Out Agreement

An Agreement made before or during marriage providing for the rights and obligations of the spouses, maintenance, child support, property distribution in the event of the dissolution of their marriage.


The Court's ruling on a Motion requiring the parties to do certain things or setting forth their rights and responsibilities. An Order is reduced to writing, signed by the judge and filed with the Court.

Personal Jurisdiction

The power of the Court to order a spouse to do a particular thing such as pay maintenance or child support.


The party who files the Lawsuit.


Formal written application to the Court for relief and the written response thereto. Pleadings include complaints, answers, counterclaims, and replies.


That portion of a pleading, at the end, which specifies the relief that is requested of the Court.


The right of a spouse to make admissions to an attorney, clergyman, psychiatrist, his/her spouse, a doctor or certified social worker which are not later admissible in evidence.


The introduction or evidence at a trial that is in response to new matter raised by the Defendant at an earlier stage of the trial.


Whatever a party to a Lawsuit asks the Court to do; dissolve the marriage, award support, enforce a prior court order or decree, divide property, enjoin certain behavior, dismiss the Complaint of the other party.


The pleading filed in answer to the allegations of a Counterclaim.

Rules of Evidence

The rules that govern the method of presentation and admissibility of oral and documentary evidence at Court hearings or depositions.


A debt or financial obligation of one spouse which is deducted from the debt or financial obligation of the other spouse.


The agreed resolution of disputed issues.

Settlement Agreement

The settlement reduced to a written document.

Show Cause

(Same as Order to Show Cause) Written application to the Court for some type of relief which is made upon such notice to the other party as the Court directs and which may contain a restraining order, temporary injunction, or other ex parte relief, pending the determination of the Motion.

Status Quo

The existing state of things; leaving things as they are without modification or alteration. "Things" can be anything from visitation arrangements to property rights.


An Agreement between the parties or their counsel.


A document served upon a person who is not a party to the action, requiring him to appear and give testimony at a deposition or Court hearing. A Subpoena is normally accompanied by a witness fee set by Statute, as well as a mileage fee for transportation costs to and from the place to which the individual is subpoenaed. Failure to comply with the Subpoena could result in punishment by the Court.


A written notification to the Defendant that an action has been commenced against him, and requiring that the Defendant appear within a specific period of time to answer the Complaint.


Statements under oath by a witness in a Court hearing or deposition.


A formal Court hearing to decide disputed issues raised by the pleadings.


When a Court order, judgment or decree is somehow defective, it is vacated--that is, eliminated -- and either a substitute order is entered or a new hearing is granted, which will ultimately result in a new order, judgment or decree.


A pleading made under oath and signed before a notary public.


How to Start Your Divorce


Steps Taken During the Divorce Process

Are you considering divorce and wondering what the process will be like? Florida divorce laws will determine what you go through once you have made the decision. Below is a broad outline describing the sequence of events for most divorce cases. Keep in mind that every divorce is different so, along with these steps you will have issues come up that pertain to your individual divorce. Contact our experienced compassionate divorce attorneys at (850) 434-8904.


Some states do not have laws that allow a couple to participate in a legal separation. In those states, you are married until a court decides otherwise. If your state laws allow couples to separate legally when one or the other spouse leaves the family residence your attorney will petition the courts for a separation agreement. This agreement protects the interests of both spouses and any children of the marriage by making sure that both parties meet their legal responsibilities to each other.

If your state doesn't have laws that allow a legal separation your next step would be to contact your attorney or file a petition with the courts yourself requesting a hearing so that a temporary separation agreement can be ordered. This is done after filing a petition for divorce in states with no legal separation laws on the books. Original Petition for Divorce

To begin the divorce process a document called "Original Petition for Divorce" is filed with your local court clerk. In some states, this is referred to as a "Letter of Complaint." Both documents are requests that the court grant a divorce and list any relief the party filing for divorce feels they are due.

The original petition or letter of complaint will identify the parties to the divorce and any children they may have. The party filing for divorce will have to state a reason as part of the petition or letter. In most states, this will be "irreconcilable differences" or "incompatibility."

The person filing for the divorce will be named the "petitioner”"by the courts while the other party to the divorce is referred to as the "respondent" or, in some states, the "defendant."

The original petition or letter of complaint is then served on the respondent. Normally a member of the local sheriffs office serves the petition. Once the respondent has been served he / she has thirty days to hire an attorney and respond to the original petition for divorce. It is at this time that either party may ask for restraining orders, protective orders or temporary orders pertaining to child support and maintenance. Temporary Orders

The court can issue temporary orders that outline specific actions that must take place immediately and last until the final divorce hearing. Examples of things covered in temporary orders are child support, spousal support and child custody. These orders are legally binding and not following them will mean finding yourself in court for contempt. If found in contempt, you can be jailed or fined according to the discretion of the judge. Discovery

"Discovery" is a legal mechanism designed for gathering information about either party to the divorce.

There are five steps to the discovery process. Although states and their laws may vary during the discovery process, the five steps below are common and will probably become a part of your divorce.

  • Disclosures - Every state has rules of civil procedure and the way disclosure is conducted is determined by those rules. Attorneys for both parties request certain items from the other party. The list of items is sent to the other side and they must respond within thirty days.
  • Interrogatories - This is a list of questions that the attorneys send to the opposing side. Most states set limits on how many questions and the response time is thirty days.
  • Admissions of Fact - This is a written list of facts that is directed at the other party to the divorce. The party receiving the list of facts is asked to either admit to or deny each listed fact.
  • Request for Production - This is a legal mechanism used to obtain documents such as bank statements, statements of income or any documents the attorney feels will benefit his client. The party receiving a request for production is supposed to respond with the documents within thirty days. This part of the process can become a major obstacle to a swift divorce. It seems to be human nature to not want to turn over personal information and many times delay tactics are used at this part of the process.
  • Depositions - During depositions attorneys will take sworn testimony from the opposing party and any witnesses involved. Anything said during a deposition can be used in court should an agreement not be met and you end up in divorce court.


If you are lucky, this is as far as you will get in the process. During mediation, both parties to the divorce and their attorneys meat to discuss any conflicts they may have and try to come to an agreement that meets the needs of both. The "mediator" is a court appointed attorney, normally and is there to negotiate a settlement between the parties. Trial

If mediation didn't work and there are unresolved issues a trial date will be set. During the trial, both parties have the chance to argue their case before a judge. The judge will then examine all the evidence and make a decision based on what he feels would be a proper settlement and outcome. After the Trial

Once a judge has made a decision the parties to the divorce will sign the final decree of divorce. The final decree states who gets what, any orders pertaining to custody of the children, child support amounts and any spousal maintenance that is ordered and any other issues pertinent to the dissolution of the marriage. Appeal

If you feel that the courts orders are unfair you may then file a motion to appeal the order and request a new hearing. This motion is filed with the same judge that put in place the orders and not many judges are going to set aside their own orders. You should not be surprised when the courts deny your motion. When the court denies your motion, you file an appeal with the state appellate court.

Marriages of short duration where there are no children or marital assets to split will see their way through the process rather quickly. If you have children and have accumulated assets during your marriage you should not be surprised when the divorce seems to turn into a long, drawn out and at times, frustrating process. Be patient because the Family Court system is hard at work trying to protect the interest of all parties involved in a divorce action.

Please contact our experience family law attorneys who can discuss all aspects of the divorce process with you (850) 434-8904.


Restraining Order Overview

Requirements for Filing a Restraining Order for Domestic Violence

If a person is the victim of any acts of domestic violence, or has reason to believe he or she is in imminent danger of becoming the victim of domestic violence (by a spouse, former spouse who no longer lives with you, relative, partner, former partner, boyfriend, or girlfriend, parent of your child), that person meets the requirements for filing a restraining order for domestic violence. Requirements for Filing a Restraining Order for Repeat Violence

If a person has encountered two incidents of violence or stalking committed by the harasser would be considered appropriate parties for a repeat violence case.

Obtaining an Injunction for Protection

If you are the victim of domestic or repeat violence and meet the requirements listed above, you may file for an Injunction for

Protection against Domestic or Repeat Violence.

If the judge grants your request, you will have a temporary restraining order. This will only be in effect until a full hearing can be held. You will receive a copy of the temporary order which will have the hearing date and time on it. You must be present at the hearing if you wish to continue the restraining order. Failure to appear may result in the restraining order being dismissed and you may be ordered to pay the costs involved. You should keep at least one certified copy of the restraining order with you at all times.

The person(s) you filed the restraining order against has the right to be present at the hearing. At the hearing, the judge will hear testimony from both parties, and may decide to continue the restraining order, or dismiss it. A restraining order shall remain in full force and effect until further order of the court. Violation of the Restraining Order

If you have a temporary or permanent restraining order, and the restraining order is violated by the respondent, you should report the violation to the sheriff’s department. The case will be set for hearing and both parties will be required to be present at this hearing.

If you are a victim of abuse you need to contact our office at (850) 434-8904 and talk to one of our experienced family law attorneys that will guide you through the process of obtaining a restraining order.


The Cons of Doing your Own Divorce

It may seem like the quickest, simplest, and cheapest alternative: go online or get some forms from the office supply store and write up your own divorce. After all, in California, divorce is no-fault, so you simply have to assert that your marriage is irretrievably broken. Is there a reason to spend the money for a lawyer?

As experienced family law attorneys with years of experience, we have seen the hazards of do-it-yourself divorces. Marriage is a powerful legal institution, and the dissolution of marriage must be handled carefully in order to ensure that the parties to the divorce actually get what they think they are getting — a fair and permanent settlement.

Our Pensacola experienced divorce attorneys have had to repair damage from attempted "economy" divorces when clients came to us facing threats posed by simple errors:

  • A check in the wrong box
  • A single poorly chosen word concerning the marital home
  • A failure to file a required document
  • In some cases it turned out the copule, years after signing a divorce agreement, was never divorced at all!

If you have a good working relationship with your spouse, you may be surprised at how economical it is to have an experienced lawyer review your agreement with your spouse, ensure proper filings are made, and provide the protection you and your children need as you begin to rebuild your life.

Whatever stage you are at in your divorce — considering a legal separation, negotiating a custody agreement, or preparing to file for divorce —please contact our Pensacola law firm. You will speak with a divorce lawyer, not just an assistant or a paralegal.

For more resources and information, please click here to visit our Legal Resource Center.

Please contact our office (850) 434-8904 to discuss your divorce with our divorce lawyers before you proceed on your own.