Many residents of Escambia county are facing hard financial times through no fault of their own. Many have found it impossible to keep up with all the credit cards, mortgage payments, car payments and more. It may seem like there is no way out, but there is help for the people who cannot meet their financial obligations.
Gregory P. Farrar, of the Farrar Law Firm, has been a practicing attorney in Florida for more than 25 years. During that time he has helped many people through difficult situations similar to your own. He has the knowledge and experience to get you through whatever your situation might be, and to give you the opportunity to get on with your life.
If you decide to retain us for your case, all calls from debt collectors will be referred to us and you will no longer have to deal with the harassing, threatening phone calls.
What will happen during your bankruptcy?
Steps which will occur if you qualify for filing Chapter 7 bankruptcy and you retain our firm to assist you.
- We meet first to discuss whether you are at a candidate for bankruptcy and whether bankruptcy is your best option.
- If you qualify for bankruptcy you must pay the retainer and costs and you will be given a bankruptcy questionnaire form to complete.
- You must get a recent credit report.
- You must attend a pre-bankruptcy counseling and meet that requirement. It can be done online and it is relatively inexpensive and easy.
- We prepare the bankruptcy petition and review with you to make sure all the information is accurate and correct.
- Once we have reviewed the bankruptcy petition together we both sign it and we electronically file it. The original will be At our office and you will receive a copy of the bankruptcy petition.
- After the bankruptcy is filed a creditors meeting is scheduled within 30 to 45 days. This is typically the only hearing you must attend. the typical creditors meeting lasted approximately 5 to 10 min.. The meetings are scheduled at the bankruptcy court which is across the street from our office.
- It takes approximately 90 to 120 days after filing to complete the administration of your case at which time the discharge is entered and the bankruptcy is completed.
- Immediately after the filing of the bankruptcy an automatic stay is entered and you can begin the process of rebuilding your financial lives.
- Remember in the future when you borrow money you become a slave to the lender.
Don’t put up with living in debt any longer, call or email the Farrar Law Firm today and setup a free consultation for your case.